Monday, August 20, 2012

TAROTSCOPES for the week of 08/20/12


Hello and welcome back! 

This week I'm adding a few extra gems.  First, I have pulled a general card for all of us on the zodiac wheel from a deck that I got as a birthday present that was created by the fabulous Amy von Harrington (vonharrington.com)!  This deck is such a wonderful smorgesbord.  Each card is like it's own picnic basket of thoughts, feelings, ideas, concepts, symbols, perversions, and desserts.  If you are interested in calling on the wisdom of these cards for yourself or giving them as a gift you can find the deck at Otherwild (otherwild.com), another love of mine!

Ok, now for the card for all for all of the week.........
THE CARD OF THE WEEK IS...........

XIX THE SUN!
Friends, do you feel summer slipping through your fingers like a thread trailing away on a beach towel? If school is one of the dominant structures in your life, perhaps the bell has rung and you are back behind, under or on top of your desk.  Or maybe just preparing for fall has made you feel that it has actually settled upon us.  Well the sun is still up!  Please don't rush into the night before you've fully explored what is illuminated by the sun.  There is joy and discovery right here and now.  Don't forget to reward yourself for your findings!

The second thing I've added for this week is a mix of songs, a song for each sign (I Want to Be With You in the Sun= Bridget St. John (for all), Sailboat in the Moonlight= Billie Holiday (for Aries), Keeping On= Holly Golightly (for Taurus), Sisers O Sisters= John Lennon and Yoko Ono (for Gemini), Try= Delta 5 (for Cancer), Down Where the Valleys are Low= Judee Sill (for Leo), Share Your Love with Me= Aretha Franklin (for Virgo), Ceaseless Effort= The Fates (for Libra), The Punk Singer= Julie Ruin (for Scorpio), If I Ruled the World= Nas with Lauren Hill (for Sagittarius), Ain't Got No, I Got Life= Nina Simone (for Capricorn), Born to Run= Emmylou Harris (for Aquarius), Qualquer Coisa= Caetano Veloso (for Pisces)).  Perhaps you can use the song as your anthem for the week or as just another way to touch in with what you might be feeling or dealing with. 
 

In addition to tarotscopes I offer individual intuitive tarot readings.  Please contact me for details: mwtarotscopes@gmail.com.

Thank you all for reading!
Hearts,
MW Marts

ARIES
I've spent the week at my parents new house going through boxes of old pictures and papers trying to sort things out.  So that's where my brain is and why you get the first of many personal anecdotes, Aries. 
When I was a kid my brother had this strange laugh that sounded like when you pluck a rubberband over an empty shoe box.  In retrospect, I think he was just going through puberty, but he explained it to me by saying he had a third lung.  I believed him completely until one day I was recounting the story to a skeptical friend and I asked my mother to confirm the tale of which I had been convinced.  She had a good laugh and set me straight.  I think I was slightly embarrassed, but mostly I felt kind of proud of my brother for coming up with such a good story.  This week you may find yourself rather vulnerable and it could leave you feeling foolish at times.  If you do, see if you can't laugh at the situation as deeply as if you had a third lung and know that you have to be open to extraordinary things for extraordinary things to happen. 
(Daughter of Discs L)

TAURUS
Last week, Taurus, you may have encountered an uncomfortable situation that asked you to respond in ways uncharacteristic of a bull.  Perhaps that situation rattled your confidence and you are feeling a bit defeated.  So now might be a good time to remind yourself of that which you are capable.  Go ahead, flatter yourself, its all true.  Need some help?  You are famous on the zodiac wheel for your power to create, manifest and bring into being.  You are the earthiest earth, Taurus, and from you things grow.  This week I see that it is you yourself climbing up out of the mud to remind us all of what a powerful beast you can be.
(2 of Wands Rev.)

GEMINI
Gemini! Your back float on the open ocean has paid off and you are starting to tune in to what the stars might be spelling out.  This is so exciting because you are basically learning a new language.  Recently, while visiting my parents I found an old scrap of paper two-year-old me had decorated with squiggles.  Under the squiggles my mother had written a translation, "Hello, I would like to tell you a story."  Do you remember learning to read and write?  It is often such a gradual process that it is only in retrospect that you can see how far you have come.  What bits of wisdom are starting to become legible to you Gemini?  Keep up the good work of translating your squiggles into seeds of information. 
(II High Priestess)

CANCER
Last week, feeling spread thin, you had a peanut butter and jelly bath and now you are pulling yourself up out of the water, hopefully, feeling more energized and rejuvenated.  In the movie Labyrinth, (I decided I can use this movie as a cool adult reference because David Bowie was in it) Jennifer Connelly has almost no time to get through a huge maze and it seems like everyone is trying to stop her by moving boulders and changing the rules.  Right at the very beginning you think she's going to give up because the maze just goes on and on forever and she doesn't have forever to get that baby back from DB.  But upon closer examination of the stone wall, she realizes there is actually an opening right in front of her face.  Don't let yourself get held up or thwarted by fake barriers this week, Cancer.  Remember "in the labyrinth of life everything is not what it seems" (which is what I think that little worm told Jen). 
(5 of Swords Rev)

LEO
You know that skit on Saturday Night Live, Debbie Downer?  This week you might be a little like Debbie.  You might say things like, "of course there is a rush hour on the 101 on a Saturday when I'm trying to get to the beach" or "I knew my favorite restaurant would be closed, it's my birthday!"  One of the funniest things about the Debbie Downer skit was that none of the actors could keep a straight face.  So when you feel this week like things aren't going your way and "you just knew this was going to happen", imagine yourself as Debbie Downer.  Allow your laughter to ease and release your negative expectations.  
(Daughter of Swords Rev)

VIRGO
The other day I was having brunch with a friend.  While we were talking, I leaned back in my chair and stretched my arms out behind me.  My fingers hit something wonderfully soft and fluffy.  It took me a minute to realize what I had done.  I quickly turned around and apologized for running my hands through a strangers hair.  This week Virgo, deep feelings are brewing beneath you.  For Virgos, sometimes expressing these emotions can feel uncomfortably intimate, like stroking a stranger's head.  But please do allow the feelings to take form, whether it is a creative project or a profound and meaningful conversation.  Don't hold back what you have to share. 
(6 of cups)

LIBRA
When my brother was a teenager he used to have a real problem with sleepwalking.  One night my mother followed him outside and found him sitting in the passenger seat of our old van.  This is where you might wake up and find yourself this week Libra.  Its easy to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you've given yourself the task of trying to drive a car from the passenger seat.  Figure out what you need to do to get back behind the wheel.  The summer sun is still shining and the open road awaits.
(VII Chariot Rev)

SCORPIO
This week I see you as an architect, working with plans that are inside out and upside down.  You've been scratching your head over them for awhile now and finally its starting to take shape.  But you are realizing that whatever you were building doesn't hold water or even space and nobody seems to care about all your hard work.  No one is more disappointed than you, Scorpio, because it was your sweat and brow-furrowing that went into that structure.  Go easy on yourself.  You've done exactly what you were asked to do.  The frustration you might be feeling is just an indicator that you are probably better off working with your own plans than someone else's.    
(3 of Discs Rev)

SAGITTARIUS
Sag!   You are so good at building a fire and all around this light you keep the party glowing.   But this week rather than being the social glue you may have to call on another of your innate talents: standing up for what you believe in.  Trust in your ability to see the big picture.  Others maybe shouting at you with their nose against the bark of a tree.  You may be the only one fortunate enough to have a good view of the forest.  What you see may be an important perspective on a complicated issue.  Root yourself in what you know to be true and speak from there.  You could be unearthing something deep down and others will ultimately be grateful you stood your ground.  
 (7 of Wands)

CAPRICORN
Years ago I was playing scrabble at a family gathering.  I remember watching my aunt, an artist, talking to my mother about something as she waited to take her turn.  While she was talking she was absent-mindedly playing with her tiles, arranging them in patterns and making shapes.  It struck me then that being an artist is about more than just drawing or painting or sculpting.  It is a part of everything you do, down to a scrabble game.  Get in touch this week, Capricorn, with what is essentially you.  Notice the joy and creativity that is imbued in everything you do, from your morning routine, to the way you walk to work.  Know that it is all just as important and just as much a part of you as the art you ultimately create. 
(8 of discs)

AQUARIUS
How do you feel about wild horses, Aquarius?  I think I know the answer, but for some reason this week you seem to be trying to build them a corral.  Last week, the good times were thundering like a thousand hooves against your chest and you don't want them to stop.  Now, a shadow may roll in over the sun leaving you anxious and protective of your joy.  These emotions are like wild horses, they need room to breathe.  See if you can figure out how to let them be without having to build up barricades, even when faced with a potential storm brewing on the horizon. 
(IV Emperor)

PISCES  
Recently, while visiting Portland, some friends and I went down to the water to get out of the heat.  We were just lazily lounging on the rocks while a parade was going by on the river.  Groups of people on all different kinds of floatation devices were drifting down stream.  There were what looked like entire living rooms passing us by.  I saw a mother and daughter on an inflatable couch looking disgruntled and a dog nervously clinging to its person on an inner tube.  Then I saw someone all by himself limply looped through two donuts with his butt facing down river.  I noticed his face was completely placid as his smile drifted serenely past us.  Here Pisces, is you this week. After the confusion of last week, you've earned your trip.  Know that the decision you are making, to give up the power kick and let the water carry you on course for a bit, is exactly where you need to be. 
(8 of Swords Rev)

No comments:

Post a Comment